Eun Mara II

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

EunMara
Able Seaman

Eun Mara II

Post by EunMara »

Great so see this new forum. I have a Swordsman 33 Eun Mara II built in 1964 which I purchased from Transworld back in 2005. I left her down at the South Coast for just short of a year and then decided to bring her home to Staines Middlesex. So with little brother in toe off we set. We got to Brighton and the weather packed up so parked up for 6 weeks. We set off again 23rd December stopping overnight at Ramsgate and then again at Teddington. We had a great time and the boat performed perfectly. She is now on the hard where I intend to restore her. New engines were fitted in 2000 and she has had new decks and keel. At some stage a Super Swordsman aft cabin was fitted which I intend to replace with the original MK1 type or maybe MK2 as this is in my opinion slightly more pleasing to the eye. Being a Cabinet Maker by trade I intend to carry out a lot of the work myself and would welcome any help or advice from the experts. I will keep the forum updated.

Ben
Admiral
Post by Ben »

Great news that Eun Mara is being looked after.

If I remember rightly the keel was damaged in the lift at Hamble Point and Pete Foulkes repaired it.

Good luck with all the work you have got planned and keep us up to date on progress. You can put pictures on photobucket or something similar for us all to see, or email them to me and I'll do it.

robertk
Ensign

Post by robertk »

Good luck, I recall seeing her at Foulkes yard I think?

Replacing the aft cabin will be a great move, I am sure that you will be able to obtain drawings from Alan Burnard, whether you want to stay 'Super' or go back to aft cockpit or the sloping coachroof line?

Robert K