Boat Saved.

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Folly Reach
Captain

Boat Saved.

Post by Folly Reach »

Great to see Moonfleet in Cowes Yacht Haven minus engines in the early stage of restoration. I gather from the new owner who sadly I did not get a name that the engines are being rebuilt, and the wheel house has been consigned to the skip. She has handed Perkins 6.354 diesels I know this as the contra rotating engine came out of Swordsman that I owned 10 years ago. Good luck and look forward to seeing the finished result.

Ben
Admiral
Post by Ben »

Yay! Great news, she was looking poorly for a while.

I had heard from Jon Roberts (owns H28 Flower Power) at Boatshed Cowes that she had been sold.

I understand that Moonfleet was the Fairey works taxi from Hamble to Cowes.

Folly Reach
Captain

Post by Folly Reach »

The new owner seemed confident that the decks had been replaced about 10 years ago, my understanding also was that she had been the works runabout. Apparantly she is fairly sound lets hope that proves to be the case. The guy was erecting a natty portable building around the boat that he had used before it was an aluminium framework ready for a plastic cover to be put over it and looked just the job. I walked away from it thinking "been there done this 3 times" but a blank canvas as this is does make you think. I could really see the potential...........!

Ben
Admiral
Post by Ben »

I was in Cowes last week, progress is looking good on Moonfleet.

I like that shelter that she's in, I could do with one of those.

Folly Reach
Captain

Post by Folly Reach »

I liked the cover too. The framework was being assembled 4 weeks ago when I was in Cowes, it seemed to go together effortlesly.The tarpaulin part was just easily replaceable if it became holed. It would be on my wish list......... However first things first, sprayhood, camper/cockpit awning and tonneau cover have already bust the budget!