Midnight Blue - first objective

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Midnight Blue
Commodore

Midnight Blue - first objective

Post by Midnight Blue »

My ambition had been to buy a scrappy H28, restore it during the winter months making full use of it each summer over a 5 year period.
The first objective was to do whatever minor works were required just to get it in the water by the May. Despite my impatience Pete Foulkes persuaded me to do only essential works and live with the boat for a season. Good advice! The GRP fuel tanks were shot, full of gunge and delaminating inside. So we fitted new stainless steel tanks and Pete persuaded me to fit two new Racal filters. As the tanks were out we painted the bilges, replaced the suspect bilge pumps, replaced the batteries, and undertook a few cosmetic repairs. The P brackets had to be replaced, and there was some soft areas on the pads which were taken back to sound timber. The engines were given an “essential� service with a few repairs, and that began a long relationship with Ben Trickett of Southern Marine Services. A few coats of varnish and a bit of deck paint and the great summer of 2008 beckoned.

How does the wiring and piping get like this on any boat?