Midnight Blue - little touches

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Midnight Blue
Commodore

Midnight Blue - little touches

Post by Midnight Blue »

Whilst the decks were being replaced, I inevitably had time to look at other issues. As the coach roof sides had to be repainted I decided to replace the very old Perspex windows. Precision Units in Poole did a brilliant job in particular the curved units on the screen.

I was also lucky enough to have all the original deck fittings so I had all the fittings rechromed through a small engineering company called Reliant Engineering. This is one of those small companies you wonder how you did without. Anything metal and particularly stainless steel. My excellent “Huntsman� flashes were laser cut in polished stainless, my hull no plate rechromed, pulpit, trims and cover plates-they are the guys to do this. My stern cleats were damaged-they rebuilt them and when rechromed were better (and stronger) than new. I am trying to persuade them to cast new cleats for sale on the FOC website.

I needed a new tonneau cover, and spray hood and decided to recover the seats in the cockpit. Renee Brent at Quay Canvas at Deacons Boatyard did an excellent job and the seats in particular looked awesome. And with the Fairey logo embroidered on the back rests it looked very posh.

I changed the antifoul from red to white, using International Interspeed Ultra and Trilux for the boot line. I will stick with that.

Bob Perry from Brading on the Island then hand painted the boat name, SSR number and my Royal Corinthian Yacht Club logo and it all looked very smart.

new sign painting on the transom

recovered seats with Fairey logo

laser cut Huntsman flash

this stern cleat was in two bits, now welded awaiting chroming

bollard rechromed - very shiny