Midnight Blue - Internal fitout

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Midnight Blue
Commodore

Midnight Blue - Internal fitout

Post by Midnight Blue »

<b>15 November 2010</b>

The internal fitout is progressing well and I am sparing no detail in discussions with Custom Yachts. The relocated bulkhead to the heads has worked well, the scrubbed teak floors are in, and we have spent a lot of time locating pipes and valves so they are not on show. I am going to line the walls with 3mm Perspex-its light bright and easy to clean.

I am designing the seat configuration to maximise comfort, space and storage-the seating is coordinated with a table. I am drawing up the locker space above the seats to provide more usable and accessible storage.

As the galley is constructed we are tweaking the design to make sure there is not a square inch of wasted space and I defy anyone to cram more usable space into the galley area. We are particularly impressed with the cooler (AKA wine storage). Its been fun choosing the lights, catches and other fittings for the galley and heads.

The new coach roof is impressive now its painted with a non slip paint-reinforces that it was the right decision to replace it. I try and convince myself not to have vents as they spoil the lines but am persuaded it is the right thing to do.

Nothing to do with the restoration but I meet Charles Lawrence who is also a Chiswick resident and see his fabulous pictures of the Fairey stable. Cant resist buying his book “Fairey in Context� and ordering a couple of prints.