Midnight Blue - Starting the New Year

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Midnight Blue
Commodore

Midnight Blue - Starting the New Year

Post by Midnight Blue »

Our intention was always to launch on 1 April but other commitments as well as the realisation that April is not always a great boating month, made us change this date to end of April. However it became apparent that all the hoist operators on the River Hamble were to be glued to the television on 29 April so we pick on the day before.

So much of January will be remembered for work off the boat rather than on it. Custom Yachts book Etran to move the boat.The painter to spray the hull is booked for late January. Thats real progress.I start thinking about insurance and values.

We find a redundant transducer penetrating the hull so take the opportunity to remove this and repair the laminations. And then we notice the solid timber backing pads for the engine raw water filters are split-they were too thin so as the repair will take as long as replacement we replace them with 1� thick ply. Bonded and epoxy coated of course.

The heads are coming on nicely and the galley construction is racing to a finish so we are now onto the seats, berth and lockers...I put in a huge effort in coordinating this lot. I draw up the lockers at full size, coordinating all the accessories that they will house, and we build mock ups. It’s easier in the bow to build a cardboard model of the mini lockers to see how the hull profile works. A space is allocated for the cumbersome teak table behind the seat backrests and we make profiled support brackets to ensure a secure fit when under way.

And I call on Rene Brent at Quay Canvas to start thinking about the seating and berths which must all be complete by launch day...

Ben
Admiral
Post by Ben »

Is something on television on the 29th? I've been invited to a wedding..

28 days to go. We you popped past on the weekend I got a sense of an excited schoolboy!