Midnight Blue - The ‘60s v. the 21st Century.

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Midnight Blue
Commodore

Midnight Blue - The ‘60s v. the 21st Century.

Post by Midnight Blue »

We get a gas man to visit the boat to test the gas system, but unfortunately he wasn't too impressed with the current installation.

He was fine with running the gas line across the boat to the new position, but he wants the electrical converter box moved from the gas locker or 'boxed off', and also a drain exit to leave the locker over board and not into the bilge as per the current set up. He also wants the locker door fitted with a seal and a proper turn buckle lock. No gas alarm required though…

I speak to David Wroath and ask him to come back and complete the electrics in the cabin so all things electrical are within his remit. David's enthusiasm is infectious and he bamboozles me with electrical speak-I nod wisely and just ask him to “do his thing�. We have a one sided discussion about inverters…If you need to know the detail, speak to him not me. He finishes in no time at all.

But with both these installations in hand, the boat in this area complies with current requirements.

We discuss earth bonding and tinned wiring-both topics occupy space on the FOC website. Earthing decisions are easy, all skin fittings and any metal underwater should be bonded. Tinned wiring is better David says, the Americans love it, but all the wiring in the remainder of the boat is complete so that debate is for another day.

No photos of gas or wiring installations so here is a picture of Grey Don also at Custom Yachts in the process of a restoration.