Midnight Blue - T6.354’s can be a thing of beauty

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

Midnight Blue
Commodore

Midnight Blue - T6.354’s can be a thing of beauty

Post by Midnight Blue »

Well as I said before I debated as to whether to replace the old Perkins, but they are back, totally rebuilt and they look a thing of beauty sprayed up in silver.

Its April Fools Day and Southern Marine services are here to put the engines back in. The engine bay looks fantastic,all credit to Custom Yachts. The redundant fixings etc taken out, damaged bearers and bulkhead replaced, rusted metalwork replaced and the engines slide in with consummate ease. We actually remembered that port side has to go in first as it nestles under its starboard counterpart.

The connections are made and we go as far as we can before we hit the water.

I am told the reason why the Morse controls were so sticky previously is because they were kinked and maybe rust had formed inside the cable linings-so I am persuaded to replace the cables. I was surprised for once that the cost is less than I anticipated.

I have laboured as to what to do with the prop I damaged at East Cowes Marina…(Beware the north end). I wanted to leave it until next year but relent and send it away to be repaired, have the prop tips dressed, cleaned and balanced. I cant resist so the other prop is cleaned. dressed and balanced and for the second time, pleasantly surprised at the cost. I have bought some Trilux Prop O Drev which is sprayed on to prevent fouling. Is that worth it I wonder. Now the engine casings can go back and the cockpit is pretty well complete.