Anchor advice and update on Sabre Knight

This is where Fairey "Projects" can be be announced and progress monitored.

Don't forget to write up some notes for the Fairey News.

FrankS
Rigger

Anchor advice and update on Sabre Knight

Post by FrankS »

Sabre Knight is almost ready for its launch next week after just less than a year's restoration and I'm buying the last few pieces of kit. Can anyone tell me what anchor size is recommended? She'll be moored on Windermere for a year and then Liverpool Marina so I need an anchor that is future proof.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LaDauphine
Gunner

Re: Anchor advice and update on Sabre Knight

Post by LaDauphine »

Dear FrankS

Congratulations on your restoration. I can’t offer advice on anchors, but I do reiterate my offer to buy you lunch at the Windermere Motor Boar Racing Club www.wmbrc.co.uk over the summer if you arrive in Sabre Knight.

Best wishes

Richard

FrankS
Rigger

Post by FrankS »

Hi Richard,

I managed to get a 40 foot mooring at Ferry Nab and all going well it should be arriving there in the next 10 days, thanks for your offer and I'll be in touch as soon as it's there.

FrankS
Rigger

Post by FrankS »

Hi Richard,

I managed to get a 40 foot mooring at Ferry Nab and all going well it should be arriving there in the next 10 days, thanks for your offer and I'll be in touch as soon as it's there.

tjsb
Lieutenant

Post by tjsb »

For what it's worth just google what size anchor do I need? You will get plenty of results. I would suggest erring on the heavy side - no one regrets having an anchor too big when they really need it. You can always carry a lighter kedge as well for safe anchorages where you can move quickly if it drags.