Page 1 of 1

300hp Cummins 6bta rebuild

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 12:29 pm
by wsmempson
So I get bored easily and whilst looking for a suitable boat decided to see if I could build up a pair of decent motors. A chance browse of flea-bay threw up a chap selling two cummins in bits, that he had hoped to rebuild, before running out of time, money and mojo. The thing that sealed it for me was that they came with all the marinising gear, which looked ok. I farmed out the testing of the marinising gear and the overhaul of the fuel metering units to professionals. but the rest of the rebuild was my work. Both seem to run nicely - now for a boat to put them in!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JI8GpV3gZDI

Re: 300hp Cummins 6bta rebuild

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 8:07 am
by tjsb
That is a thing of beauty, well done. I am told the 72c can be adjusted to take the power. Good luck with the boat.

Re: 300hp Cummins 6bta rebuild

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 3:54 pm
by Folly Reach
That's a great looking bit of kit.
Fair play to you...

Well done.

Re: 300hp Cummins 6bta rebuild

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:39 am
by wsmempson
Yes, both 72c gearboxes have been modified to take the extra power, so I’m really looking forward to trying them out in a boat.