Suffolk Yacht Harbour Classic Regatta 9-11 June 2023

Post General discussion topics here.

This forum is openly readable by anyone, whether a member of the Fairey Owners Club or not.

The statements and opinions published on this forum are those of the Author and not necessarily those of the Fairey Owners' Club Committee
martinh
Commander

Suffolk Yacht Harbour Classic Regatta 9-11 June 2023

Post by martinh »

Entries are now open for this premier event on the East Coast, now in its 21st year, that goes from strength to strength.

Classic motor boats are very welcome and part of the scene.

More details here ... https://www.syhclassicregatta.co.uk/ ...

LaDauphine
Gunner

Re: Suffolk Yacht Harbour Classic Regatta 9-11 June 2023

Post by LaDauphine »

Good afternoon, my wife and I are visiting SYH on Sunday morning to view some of the boats. Sadly we don’t have a Fairey or a suitable boat to enter ourselves. Always loved Fairey boats since a trip in a huntress on Windermere some 25 years ago.

If any members were kind enough to show us their boats, that would be wonderful.

Kind regards

Richard

martinh
Commander

Post by martinh »

My suggestion is to come early on Sunday morning, say 10:00 am, to look at the boats before they head out for a short trip to lunch at another location.
We are a friendly and enthusiastic lot - you can find us in front of the red lightship.
Or look out for me with my stetson hat or give me a call 07796 505357.

martinh
Commander

Post by martinh »

Another fabulous event blessed by wonderful weather and the hottest day of the year thus far in Suffolk.
And yet more Fairies in attendance!

What so many value is the friendly informality of it all - especially today/Sunday with a trip up-river to have lunch on the lawn at the Royal Harwich Yacht Club.

Big thanks to the team at the Suffolk Yacht Harbour that make this event so special!