Not A Fairey But Rare Classic Asking For Info...

Post General discussion topics here.

This forum is openly readable by anyone, whether a member of the Fairey Owners Club or not.

The statements and opinions published on this forum are those of the Author and not necessarily those of the Fairey Owners' Club Committee
SiCrowe
Able Seaman

Not A Fairey But Rare Classic Asking For Info...

Post by SiCrowe »

Hi, New member here saying hello.

I may not be a Fairey Owner but I do still have a similar vintage Brit Classic (if you will excuse the comparison).

A 1971 Halmatic DS110.
20230526_1459081.jpg
Now I know I'm probably breaching some kind of rules but I know there are some very intelligent people on here so I was hoping you would be able to tell me more about them.

Some people on here may know I run the 100% Classic British Boats page on Facebook so I'm not a newbie but I did want to probe the collective brain to see if anyone had any information I don't already have on these.

Fairey boats are well documented but these aren't and information is sporadic at best.

So if you have any information, please, pass it on as I'm trying to build a historic file of the species.

Thanks in advance.

Simon Crowe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tjsb
Lieutenant
Re: Not A Fairey But Rare Classic Asking For Info...

Post by tjsb »

Simon,

welcome - nice boat. When my stash of MBY and some old CTC brochures makes it out of storage, I will have a hunt for articles. There were certainly a number for sale in them.

Best

Toby

CharlesL
Captain

Re: Not A Fairey But Rare Classic Asking For Info...

Post by CharlesL »

Welcome Simon

The DS 110 was conceived in 1968 by none other than Bruce Campbell and designed by Don Shead. Built by Halmatic, is was marketed by Hurrell and Johnson, agents for Swan Yachts. Powered by twin 250hp Sabre diesels and capable of 35 knots, at least 15, possibly as many as 40, were built before production ceased in 1974 when the company ran into financial difficulties. A few may have been completed as patrol boats.

Charles
FOC archivist