Tally Ho

Post General discussion topics here.

This forum is openly readable by anyone, whether a member of the Fairey Owners Club or not.

The statements and opinions published on this forum are those of the Author and not necessarily those of the Fairey Owners' Club Committee
Spearwish
Cabin Boy

Tally Ho

Post by Spearwish »

I first came across Leo Goulden's inspiring restoration of Tally Ho on the FOC website in 2018. Since then, Leo has continued to leave me and many others here astonished by his skill and long term dedication to this astounding project. He has never flagged, but did in his penultimate video 185 profess to a bit of angst about the cost of finishing running ahead of the high level of support the project has enjoyed. He has I think sensibly decided to prioritise getting the boat afloat and sailing over finishing its myriad of astonishingly high specification systems to his perfectionist standards. There is from yesterday a much more upbeat video, 186, about the launch plan.

I have yet, sadly but maybe watch this space, to restore a Fairey boat but I do know from doing houses and cars how the end is exasperatingly hard to reach. I have been an active supporter of Leo's and met him when he came to give a talk at RORC pre pandemic. He is a very nice man indeed. I know that many others in the FOC have been supporting Leo and, if I may suggest, it would be great if we could add a few more.

Happy to get a PM from any of his previous professed supporters here. Website, including a giving link of course: https://sampsonboat.co.uk/

Apologies if this is a bit non core

Paul